5 Advantages of Buying New Tires

5 Advantages of Buying New Tires
5 (100%) 1 vote

Proper maintenance of your vehicle not only extends its lifespan but also saves you a lump sum on repair and servicing costs. An effective way to extend your car’s longevity is to keep the tires in good condition. However, it’s wise to replace worn out ones with new tires because good tires ensure the safety of the vehicle, provide better traction, and give better driving experience.

Many people are reluctant to buy new tires for saving money, but the cost is minimal if compared to the many benefits they provide. Check out 5 unique advantages of buying new tires:

Ensure Better Safety

If you drive a lot or often go on road trips with your loved ones, safety is the feature that you should pay your attention first. Depending on the tire quality and the condition of the roads you are driving on, a set of new tires will keep you and your passengers safe for the next 65,000 to 100,000 miles of driving.

You can buy brand new good-quality tires for around $400-$500. Take good care of them, and they will serve you for a couple of years.

new tires advantages

Photo Credit: Coho Auto Repair

Give Better Traction

New tires make it easier to stop, go, and turn your vehicle. They have better tread patterns that help them having a better grip on the road surface. So, whether there’s dirt, mud, snow, or water on the road, a set of new tires will save your car from slides and skids.

Provide Better Gas Mileage

Old tires have uneven tread patterns that require the driver to put more effort to move and turn the car, which directly affects the gas mileage. By replacing them with new ones, you can reduce the fuel usage of your vehicle. However, to ensure the maximum fuel efficiency and to prevent premature wear and tear, ask the mechanics to mount, align, balance, and inflate them properly.

new tires

Photo Credit: Proctor Cars Magazine

Deliver Better Performance on Road

Worn out tires have little or no tread left on them. As a result, you have to work harder and your car needs to push more power to the ground to brake or take any turn. Besides, they also make it difficult to stop the car quickly in time of emergency, which may lead to accidents. So, buy new tires to get better performance from your vehicle.

Comfortable Drive

New tires offer better grip on the road, making driving a smooth and comfortable experience. Besides, they generate less noise if compared to worn out tires. So, buying new tires can give you really quiet, smooth, and comfortable drive, especially when you are taking long highway trips.

replace old tires

Photo Credit: K & G Tire Pros

When to Replace Your Old Tires?

You should replace the tires if they look worn out or are showing metal. However, you can contact an auto repair shop to find out how much tread life is left in them. The mechanics of the shop can also give you valuable suggestions regarding your new tire purchase.

1. Tomas Killington says

My wife and I have realized lately that our car may need new tires. I have felt some rumbling in the last few weeks. I didn’t realize that new tires can actually help cars get better fuel economy. That’s something that we can definitely look forward to.

1. Trang Tran says

2. Jenna Hunter says

I never knew that they have better tread patterns that help them having a better grip on the road surface. Last night, while coming home from my daughter play, I noticed that while turning corners we drifted a little. We fishtailed a little as well. I would imagine getting great tires could help keep me and my kid safe!

1. Trang Tran says

We are happy to receive your comments. Please share with your friends so they can enjoy this article, too.

3. Roger Middleton says

I liked that you had mentioned that buying new tires can help your car perform better on the road to help avoid any possible problems while on the road. The tires on my wife’s car have been worn down for awhile now and I’m thinking of getting her new tires to avoid any possible problems that could be caused by the tires. I’ll have to start looking around for tire stores that can help me find the right tires so that I can feel comfortable having my wife drive around again.

1. Trang Tran says

Thank you for your comment. Find this article useful? Please share exciting updates with your friends and they will love it!

4. Peter Hughes says

Although the cost of new tires is more as compared to that of used tires, still I think the price of a new set of tires is very little as compared to the advantages and satisfaction they bring. No doubt, a tire is the only element of an automobile that makes contact with the road surface. That is the reason why a car owner should keep the track of its shape routinely and replace them correspondingly. Yes, one can replace his worn tires with used tires. But from my opinion, it is better to replace old shabby tires with new tires. Because if we use new tires, then we don’t need to change it for a considerable period of time. In addition to that, it improves traction on the road, fuel efficiency, safety and overall functionality of the vehicle. Thus, one should think twice before going to use second-hand tires.

5. Daniel Bikundo says

It’s not a reply passé but a question,what are the signs that the car mounting system could be damaged?

6. Ashley Turns says

I have been wondering if it would be worth it to get some new, name brand tires when I get them replaced. So I appreciate you pointing out that they will give my vehicle a better performance since the tread will be clear and will be able to brake easily. I will definitely have to go for some new, name brand tires in a few months when I replace mine so that they can help my car perform well.

7. Kylie Dotts says

I didn’t know that worn down tires make more noise than new ones. It must be really important to take semi trucks in regularly than for a tire service because of the many wheels that they have on. Keeping a semi driving smoothly and as quietly as possible would be important for the driver probably, as well as those driving around him.

8. Scarlett Autance says

What a bunch of great information. Thanks for taking your time to sharing this.

9. Dominic perez says

I do agree with the fact that driving with new tire is more safer. Properly inflated tire with better tread depth produces better traction on the road surface and also has positive effects on the fuel economy of the vehicle. So, tire pressure and tread depth needs to be inspected at a regular interval. If the tread depth is lower than average, then it should be replaced immediately according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.