How To Fix Cigarette Burns In Car? Read This!
Interested in knowing how to fix the cigarette burns in cars? You can possibly try the three most common and popular methods for fixing the burns. The three popular ways are:
Methods Illustrating How To Fix The Cigarette Burns In Cars:
1. Reweaving The Seat’s Fabric
There can be no comparison for reweaving method to fix the burns in the car seats. The method is pretty simple to execute and is extremely affordable. One major advantage of this method is that the owners don’t have to replace the whole seat covers to fix the burns. They can use the original covers of the seat for getting rid of the cigarette burns. This method is generally preferred for the classic car’s antique fabrics.
The following are the needed simple items for implementing this method which targets how to fix the cigarette burns in cars.
Here are the easy steps that you can follow for this method:
- Make the burned area neat and plain by trimming away the melted edges using sharp scissors. This will make it easy for the owner to weave the burned part easily.
- In the second step, the owner should use an identical thread and start weaving the burned area from about a half inch away from the actual burned area.
- Lastly, the owner must remember to tie the threads at both the ends for getting a clean finish over the burned area.
The entire process is repeated unless and until the complete burned area is covered using the identical thread and weaving.
2. Gluing The Fabric Of The Seat
Another method that you can use to fix the cigarette burns in car seats is gluing the fabric. This alternate method which concerns how to fix the cigarette burns in cars is used for delicate fabrics like velour that cannot be weaved.
You will need the following tools for proceeding with this method:
- A pencil
SEE MORE :
- Is Your Car Cigarette Lighter Not Working Properly? Here Are Ways To Fix It!
- How To Get Smoke Smell Out Of Car.
Here are the steps to be followed for this method:
- Cut a small part of your car seat that can be used as fuzz. Make sure that the cut off part should be unnoticeable
- Put a drop of glue directly into the burned part
- Make use of the pencil and try to insert the fuzz inside the burned part
- You can make use of as much amount of fuzz as needed so that the burned part on the seat becomes undetected.
While making use of this method, be sure that you only touch the fabric of the seat and not the glue to avoid any kind of problems.
3. Using The Cigarette Burn Repair Kit
These kits are the best solutions when looking for how to fix the cigarette burns in cars. These kits contain all the necessary parts and accessories that will simplify the method. You can choose any of the cigarette burn repair kits that provide you with the best value.
- Cigarette burn repair kit
Steps to follow :
- Using the sharp tool like scissor or razor to trim off the affected part. Try and avoid trimming the unaffected part
- Make use of a foam cushion to form a small plug that can easily fit in the hole created by a cigarette burn
- Take some identical fabric of the car seat and sew the fabric along with the foamed cushion. Make sure that the foam cushion and the fabric are weaved properly and in a neat manner
- In the next step use these foam cushions to fill the burned holes as a treatment of how to fix the cigarette burns in cars
- Stitch both the ends together so as to prevent any messy appearance of the car seat
- Once the burned hole is completely filled, you can use the remaining fabric of the car’s seat to cover the hole
- Make use of the super glue for fixing the fabric at the right place and in an easy manner
- Allow the glue to completely dry off and then finally clean the burned area along with the surrounding areas for getting a neat and tidy finish
You are still struggling with fixing cigarette burn ? Try this video.
>> Looking for a car from Japan with good conditions, click here <<
Smoking is not only dangerous for your health but it can also damage your car’s seat. Make sure you know the exact treatments concerning how to fix the cigarette burns in cars so as to never face any kind of embarrassments. Use the above-mentioned methods and make your car seats as smooth as they were before.