CAR FROM JAPAN seeks an innovative and highly motivated PHP Developer with WordPress skill to revolutionize E-Commerce experiences. CAR FROM JAPAN is the leading car exporting platform in Japan with 500,000+ buyers visiting from 40+ countries every month with 60% mobile users. We are a fast-growing internet company, designing tomorrow’s e-commerce across borders.
With us you will find an exciting blend of a vibrant startup environment and professional operations from experienced executives. There will be real and meaningful challenges, as you will be leading your own initiatives and get things done within a wide range of areas, where team effort is pivotal and solutions rarely obvious.
There will be perks of working in a fast-growing business, such as: a fast track to become manager given early employment status, flexible time and working space. You will have 12 days of paid leave a year on top of the public holidays.
What you will do
Your day to day tasks will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality for WordPress Multisite
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Brainstorm, design, and develop our online products – including our main web sites, mobile web apps, online management, and everything tech-based.
- Optimise our front-end code to achieve our ambitious growth targets on mobile and desktop space. This will require both imagination and data-driven thinking – it’s an unique job that is at the crossroad of art and science.
- Be pro-actively involved in the full Agile/Lean product development life-cycle – that includes carrying out experiments, analysing data and collecting valuable learnings along the way. It will be a different experience from working in outsource projects, and you will love it.
What you are good at
- Experience with a cloud platform (AWS) and ability to design architecture is not required but will be an advantage.
- You should be an HTML expert – writing in semantic HTML is like writing in your mother tongue.
- You should be good at CSS.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end and WordPress development.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org