CAR FROM JAPAN is the second largest car exporting platform in Japan with 500,000+ buyers visiting from 50+ countries every month with 60-70% using mobile. In 2017, we exported cars to more than 50 countries. We are a fast-growing internet company, designing tomorrow’s e-commerce across borders. With us you will find an exciting blend of a international, vibrant startup environment and professional operations from experienced executives. We seek an innovative and highly motivated Senior Full Stack Developer to reinvent E-Commerce experiences.
You will be one of the core leaders who are responsible for the development and innovation of the whole business; from a tech perspective. You will manage, troubleshoot and get things done in a wide range of areas, where team effort is pivotal and solutions rarely obvious.
What You Will Do
If you are an experienced Full-Stack developer with the confidence of leading other members, have a passion for writing great software and a taste for taking on exciting challenges – this position is for you!
You will be joining our awesome team to design, build and grow the core product of the business – an innovative e-commerce platform to revolutionize global trading. You will also find, follow and create experiments with UX in mind to improve conversion of the business.
Your day-to-day tasks will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Lead the tech department, solve problems and do hands-on coding.
- Brainstorm, design, and develop our web applications, APIs, and databases (SQL, NoSQL and graph).
- Be pro-actively involved in the full Agile/Lean product development life-cycle – that includes carrying out experiments, analyzing data and collecting valuable learnings along the way. It will be a different experience from coding in outsource projects, and you will love it.
- Maintain and operate servers, setup automations, innovate smarter and efficient ways from business aspects.
- Create products that help to bring better trading information and services to millions of people. There will be numerous challenges for you to tackle in the areas of natural language processing, predictive behavior modeling and our suggestion engine.
Your Skill And Experience
- You should have a solid foundation in programming and software development. We are not too fussed about degrees – some of our best coders are self-taught!
- You should ideally be familiar with NodeJS. But if you come from PHP, Python, Go or RoR and are keen to learn NodeJS, we would still like to speak with you.
- Having experience with ExpressJS will be a big advantage, as it’s our main web framework.
- You will enjoy problem solving and thinking outside of the box to solve difficult obstacles.
In CAR FROM JAPAN, there will be perks to working in a fast-growing business, and you will love the young, dynamic and international work environment. Join us !
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org