CAR FROM JAPAN seeks an innovative and highly motivated Senior Developer to revolute E-Commerce experiences. CAR FROM JAPAN is the second largest car exporting platform in Japan with 500,000+ buyers visiting from 40+ countries every month with 60% mobile users. We are a fast-growing internet company, designing tomorrow’s e-commerce across borders.
With us you will find an exciting blend of a vibrant startup environment and professional operations from experienced executives. There will be real and meaningful challenges, as you will be leading your own initiatives and get things done within a wide range of areas, where team effort is pivotal and solutions rarely obvious.
There will be perks of working in a fast-growing business, such as: a fast track to become manager given early employment status, flexible time and working space. You will have 12 days of paid leave a year on top of the public holidays.
What You Will Do
Whether you are an experienced NodeJS developer, or you are keen on mastering this technology stack – if you have a passion for writing great software, the ability to work independently as well as in teams, and a taste for taking exciting challenges, this position is for you!
You will be joining our awesome tech team to design, build and grow the core product of the business – an innovative e-commerce platform to revolutionize global trading.
Your day to day tasks will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Brainstorm, design, and develop our web applications, APIs, and databases (SQL, NoSQL and graph).
- Create products that help to bring better trading information and services to millions people. There will be numerous challenges for you to tackle in the areas of natural language processing, predictive behavior modeling, suggestion engine.
- Be pro-actively involved in the full Agile/Lean product development life-cycle – that includes carrying out experiments, analyzing data and collecting valuable learnings along the way. It will be a different experience from coding in outsource projects, and you will love it.
- …And maintain and operate servers, setup automations – that is if you enjoy doing DevOps stuff!
Your Skill And Experience
- You should have a solid foundation in programming and software development. We are not too fussed about your years of experience or degree however – some of our best coders are self-taught!
- You should ideally be able to code well in NodeJS. But if you come from PHP, Python, Go or RoR and are keen to learn NodeJS, that’s good too.
- Having experience with ExpressJS will be a big advantage, as it’s our main web framework.
- Being able to write front-end code (HTML/CSS/JS) is not compulsory, but will be an advantage.
- You enjoy solving difficult and really-difficult problems.