Shipping Port :-
The most recommended port for shipments arriving to Jamaica from Japan is Kingston.
Age limit on importation of motor vehicles :-
According to new age limit for the importation of used vehicles
- Cars imported should not be more than 5 years old.
- Pickups should not be more than 6 years.
- Trucks, Trailers and other heavy duty equipments can be 10 years old.
- Special purpose vehicles such as Ambulance, Fire Brigade, and Town cars, vehicles modified for physically challenged people should not be more than 10 years of age.
Right-Hand Drive vehicles :-
Import of right-hand drive vehicle is allowed in Jamaica.
Documents required for importing vehicle:-
- Import license issued by the Trade Board Limited, which authorizes the importation of the motor vehicle. Before importing vehicle to Jamaica, importer should posses an import license.
- Certificate of Title: The document issued by the government of the country where the vehicle was purchased, to the owner of the vehicle.
- Two identification proof such as Passport, Driver’s license, Nation Identification.
- Bill of Lading: It should contain necessary information about the vehicle, date of landing and the port of entry.
- Invoice: An invoice from the supplier is necessary for all vehicles importation.
- Bill of Sight: It contains details regarding the imported motor vehicle. It is a Customs certified document, prepared and signed by the dealer.
- Tax Compliance- It will be issued by Tax Administration Certificate Services Department.
- Odometer inspection statement.
- Import Entry (C87): This import document should be presented to Customs by the broker and should contain all the details involving the vehicle, importer name, shipping information and the responsibilities.
- Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN) – A nine digit unique identification number obtained from Revenue Board.
- Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) – A document obtained from Revenue Board as a proof that certifies that payments Certificate of tax liabilities and wage-related statutory deductions are up-to-date.