• Japanese Used Cars

10 Mercedes Benz Facts That Will Make You Go WOW

Be honest, everyone loves Mercedes Benz. Not only the most famous car of the Mercedes, Benz is also a tough opponent for Honda, Ford and all other brands. But the question is, what makes this car so special? In order to fulfill your curiosity, we will provide the list of Mercedes Benz Facts .

10 Interesting Mercedes Benz Facts

The Marriage Secret

The first petrol powered Mercedes vehicle was made by Karl Benz, the Mercedes-Benz co-founder. His fiancée, Bertha, had to invest in the project as a part of the prevailing marriage law.

Bicycle Plans

Back in 2005, the automaker released 3 models of bicycles: the Mercedes-Benz Carbon Bike, The Fitness Bike, and the Trailblazer Bike. In future, Mercedes plans to release more sophisticated bicycles.

The Pope Uses Benz Too

benz m class
The Pope’s favorite car

The Pope rides a Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV, with added features like oxygen system and bullet-proof glass. Mercedes has a reputation for supplying cars for VIPs with extra features.

Ranking

Mercedes claimed the 30th place in a Fortune 100 “Best Companies to Work For” ranking in 2013. This proves that the splendid carmaker also follows an employee friendly scheme.

Famous People With Mercedes Benz

The Mercedes-Benz 600 model is quite famous among celebrities. Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Hugh Hefner, Jack Nicholson, Coco Chanel, Aristotle Onassis, Fidel Castro, and Elizabeth Taylor owned this iconic model.

Symbol

10 Mercedes Benz Facts
Do you know the meaning of the symbol?

The Mercedes star symbolizes air, land, and sea. You can find the star in all Mercedes cars, on the hood.

Motto

The Mercedes motto is: “Das Beste oder Nichts” which literally means – “the best or nothing”. Indeed, they are one of the best carmakers in the world.

The Golden Fact

A billionaire from Abu Dhabi placed an order for a custom made Mercedes-Benz with a gold decorated exterior. White gold worth $2.5 million was used to complete the whole body work. That means the whole exterior was covered with gold.

Perfect Design

mercedes-benz e-class
The design of Mercedes is always out-standing.

It doesn’t matter how old is a Mercedes car there’s no room for squeak or rattle. Mercedes-Benz welds all of its vehicles in 10,000 different places to make sure no nuts or bolts get loose. Mercedes-Benz E-Class, the best-selling model with 13 millions sold in 2015, is a perfect example of breath-taking design.

Monument Fact

There is a sculptor of Mercedes-Benz 240 Diesel at Kinden Park Cemetery in New Jersey. The monument was made to remember the demise of a Mercedes enthusiast who died young. The brother of the dead, David, kept no stone unturned to make sure the monument resembles the actual vehicle and its every detail. In 1970, it cost $500,000 to complete work of this monument.

In order to figure out more about this wonderful brand, check out the video !

46 thoughts on “10 Mercedes Benz Facts That Will Make You Go WOW

• October 27, 2016 at 2:46 am

I believe in Mercedes even though I’ve not owned one yet. Back in the day, my father had a 240E followed by a 280SE. These cars were more enjoyable to drive than all cars that I’ve owned. Both their red/maroon leather seats were so luxurious. No squeak or rattle as fact 9 states. These cars were driven off-road sometimes, in Zimbabwe, Southern Africa were I grew up.

• December 8, 2016 at 1:40 am

Thank you for your comment. Find this article useful? Please share exciting updates with your friends and they will love it!

• February 15, 2017 at 11:45 am

My parents had an accident in a 1979 model Mercedes 230.6. They slid off an oil slick on the highway fell 60ft into thr Rift Valley escarpment in Kenya. The car landed 9n its wheels with the main cabin and engine intact. They continued their journey covered 600km and returned home in one piece. Those cars were well built solid reliable tanks. I am a Mercedes fan for life.

• February 16, 2017 at 2:00 pm

• February 17, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Mercedes is my dream car and I drive it, for sure it is a car of it’s own. I LOVE MERCEDES BENZ.

• February 15, 2017 at 12:58 pm

I fell in love with mercedez in 2004.though i don have one yet but i keep the dream alive.No car like mercedez. , ,am moved by the story of fact 10,the mercdez monument,,,,great love

• February 16, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Thank u for your comment. With your hardwork, you can achieve anything

• February 16, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Am in Love with Mercedes…,i plan to own one soon. Thanks for the facts!!

• February 28, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Thank you. We will provide more useful information like this. Stay tuned

• February 16, 2017 at 4:55 pm

The pope does not use Mercedes Benz any more …

• February 16, 2017 at 6:12 pm

I had accident on 15th August,2014.I was driving C200 Mercedes Benz,I was hit by a Nissan Hardbody,the Nissan overturned three times,the Mercedes did not,of course I survived by the grace of God despite the vehicle getting damaged.

• February 16, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Lovely facts am happy to know about Mercedes. Continues giving us the information

• February 28, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Thank you. We will provide more useful information like this. Stay tuned

• February 17, 2017 at 2:11 am

I have a w202 1998 model,the tip tropic feature is great,the kickdown especially when overtaking on the climbing lane is so powerful.

• February 28, 2017 at 1:19 pm

We are glad that you like the article. Don’t forget to share with your friends!

• February 17, 2017 at 2:14 am

I love Mercedes-Benz alot Its been my dream car since was young I have now bought one C 200 new model and its really the best car have ever dream of to own.It’s stable good music speakers and good interior fast and not much gas guzzler as people fought of.Good shape

• April 3, 2017 at 1:17 am

• February 17, 2017 at 10:29 am

I believe in the MERCEDES BENZ,i have maintained a 1989 model since 2007,no regrets. I love the motto,the best or nothing! From Zambia,Southern Africa

• March 26, 2017 at 12:36 am

• February 17, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Always useful information on this site. Just for curiosity sake, any differences (compromises) on the Mercedes A160. It seem to be giving a lot of problems compared to other models. I own one from Japan.

• April 2, 2017 at 1:35 am

• February 17, 2017 at 4:55 pm

It’s rare to overturn a Benz. you really have to struggle. I own one

• April 2, 2017 at 1:34 am

That’s a great car

• February 17, 2017 at 5:22 pm

If not MERCEDES BENZ then NONE.

• March 26, 2017 at 12:35 am

We respect your opinion! Thank you

• February 17, 2017 at 9:51 pm

I’ve driven a 300D 95model I think then later I got to drive a E320. Both cars were amazingly spacious and very comfortable. Felt like a boat in calm water. Despite the age difference between the two cars. Both very luxurious. And amazing power from the engine with a stock sound system that puts most custom sound systems to shame. Such an amazing car. Even on rough roads they a pleasure to drive. Only maintenance bills are pricey at the Mercedes agents therefore I don’t own one.

• April 2, 2017 at 1:32 am

• February 17, 2017 at 10:56 pm

Mercedes Benz has been and continues to be my dream car. God willing, I’ll own one soon. The ten facts about this car posted here has increased my confidence and admiration of this gem.

• April 2, 2017 at 1:31 am

We are happy to receive your comments. Please share with your friends so they can enjoy this article, too.

• February 18, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Thanks alot that was my dream car and I acquired it Mercedes 124petrol six cylinder speedometer 260km/h I really appreciate it and enjoy my drive,I call it my second wife coz it give me all the services I need on the road let’s drive responsively God bless.

• March 26, 2017 at 12:34 am

• February 18, 2017 at 8:41 pm

This is one car I have always admired to own, I will work hard to ensure that I own one in this life.

• February 28, 2017 at 1:18 pm

• February 20, 2017 at 1:32 pm

I like it also

• February 28, 2017 at 1:13 pm

Thank you. We will provide more useful information like this. Stay tuned

• February 23, 2017 at 5:39 am

Looking at any of the Mercedes-Benz models from the front you will notice that car gives an impresion of a smile. Quite welcoming. Anytime you see a Mercedes-Benz car, you will know it even before you notice/see its logo – you can never cofuse it with any other car.Finally I have never come across a Mercedes-Benz car whose engine rattles!

• March 26, 2017 at 12:33 am

• September 28, 2017 at 4:11 pm

I am presently 63 years old and I and my first car ( a Volkswagen Beetle) at age 23.
    Over the last 40 years I have lived by the Grace of God, I have to date been through 42 cars and currently own a Mercedes S320, a Volvo XC70, a Jeep Gand Cherokee, and a Nissan Xtrail. My Current Mercedes S320 is the 5th That I have owned through my life ( the others having been a Mercedes 300D Diesel – Estate, a Mercedes 300 D Turbo Diesel (Saloon), a Mercedes ML270 and a Mercedes C200 Compressor).
    Through This I have found greatest Ownership Satisfaction in drive Comfort, safety and everything considered in the Mercedes (followed by Volvo) and I do not foresee myself for the time I may be favored with on earth buying any other car than a Mercedes (Looking forward to a GL350 or 420!)

• September 29, 2017 at 10:36 pm

there is nothing great abt mercedes benz

• September 30, 2017 at 1:33 pm

U dont like Mercedes?

• October 1, 2017 at 1:40 am

see problem is that in developing markets like india many people are having complaints with mercedes and luxury brands google it

• October 17, 2017 at 4:00 pm

God knows how much i am in love with Mercedes.It is long lasting,classy,Beautiful,Official,Maintainable[1800 cc) and the list is so long.I do not have any car and i don’t think its even in the near future because of my humble state but if its God’s will i believe i will no matter how long it takes.Irrespective of all this,Mercedes is my dream car and My faith is high.Mercedes forever.

• October 17, 2017 at 4:23 pm

I have owned two models of Mercedes Benz, 280s 116 model very luxurious and E220 124 model. These cars are just superb. Am looking forward to purchasing a C Class soon and believe you me i have not found any better car than Mercedes Benz.

• October 18, 2017 at 1:04 pm

I haven’t yet owned one but I dream of owning one some day. It’s very beautiful

• October 20, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Mercedes Benz has been my dream car, I currently own an E200 2000 model, its my sixth car and five of them have been E class having started with E230. This was a great car with amazing performance.. God willing I want to retire in a G class, any model and capacity will be good enough! I just can not explain how much I am in love with G Class. Every moment I spot one in my bumpy kampala streets, I turn round, my heart stops to beat for while until it has fully gone out of my sight., I love mercedes, the power and I do not think I will ever have enough of it,!! Just as the slogan goes, simply the best or none. Long live Mercedes Benz manaufacturer.